Terms and Conditions
By using our website and purchasing from Global Trackers Ltd. you agree to be bound by our Terms & Conditions, as stated below.
All monetary values are INC. VAT @20%.
CONTRACT FOR THE SUPPLY OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The display of goods on the Global Trackers Ltd. site amounts to an invitation to treat only and is not an offer to sell products or services at any price indicated. No contract for the supply of products or goods will be deemed to exist between you and Global Trackers Ltd. unless, and until, an email is sent by Global Trackers Ltd. to you confirming that your order has been accepted and payment has been successfully made. This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by Global Trackers Ltd. of your offer to buy goods or services from Global Trackers Ltd. and this acceptance is effective regardless of whether or not you receive the e-mail.
Global Trackers Ltd. is free to withdraw from a prospective contract at any time prior to acceptance. This also applies in the case of any error or inaccuracy in respect of the goods or services, any description applied to the goods or services, the availability of the goods or services, or the order itself. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Global Trackers Ltd. is providing this website and its contents on an “as is” basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents. Global Trackers Ltd. disclaims all such representations and warranties, including for example warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, Global Trackers Ltd. does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this site is accurate, complete or current. Prices shown on the website are inclusive of V.A.T at the current UK rate (20% as of the 4th January 2011)
PROCESSING OF ORDERS
Credit cards are debited before items are shipped or before services are provided by Global Trackers Ltd.
Every effort will be made by Global Trackers Ltd. to post items ordered before 4.00 pm that day by Royal Mail Tracked 24. When circumstances deem that this is occasionally not possible Global Trackers Ltd. will post items as soon as possible and accept no liability for the delay in posting. In the event that an item is out of stock or otherwise unavailable Global Trackers Ltd. will contact you and offer you another product, delivery time or a full refund.
CANCELLATION OF ORDERS PRIOR TO DELIVERY
Orders may be cancelled by phone or email prior to the day of delivery. The cost of the purchase will be refunded to the payment credit/debit card. As payment will have been processed by the credit/debit card services the refund will be made to reflect a cancellation fee of 5% of the initial purchase price. This is to cover our merchant services costs levied as a result of the purchase.
DISTANCE SELLING REGULATIONS/SALE OF GOODS ACT
Any non-business customer wishing to cancel an order under the rights provided by the Distance Selling Regulations/Sale of Goods Act must do so within 14 days of the point at which the goods were received. The goods must be returned by Signed Delivery (Insured). To: Global Trackers Ltd. Unit 10, Westmans Industrial Estate, Love Lane, Burnham on Sea. TA8 1EY. UK. Customers are liable to pay the cost of this return postage. As long as the goods have been returned in an original unused condition the cost of the goods will be refunded to the customer’s credit/debit card within 14 days of the date of return. Any actual use of a GPS tracker (switching it on and obtaining tracking information) or other equipment by a customer is a breach of the customer’s duty to take reasonable care of the product and will negate their right to return under these regulations.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY (GENERAL)
Except as specifically stated on this site, neither Global Trackers Ltd. nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Partners and employees of this company may not be held liable for damages relating to either the capital cost of any equipment purchased from Global Trackers Ltd. or consequential costs associated with fitting and operation of the same when issues arise from the non-availability of GSM and GPRS network coverage. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to take whatever steps necessary to establish that the necessary and appropriate network coverage is available, and that the equipment works efficiently at the location intended for use. It is recommended that purchasers verify effective operation in countries outside the UK by operating a single tracker unit initially, and prior to purchasing further units. Global Trackers Ltd. will happily provide full support for these testing processes. Global Trackers Ltd. does not guarantee that their tracking products will operate successfully in all parts of the world. Variations in GSM and GPRS network make this impossible and accepts no liability for any loss in connection with the failure of tracking service. Every effort will be made to assist in developing the required tracking, but it remains the responsibility of the customer to ascertain if network coverage and tracking are possible in any particular global location.
It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We track the electronic ‘fingerprints’ of every order placed on this website to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our website. Products purchased from Global Trackers Ltd. may be governed by laws prohibiting their use; it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser/user to comply with these laws and no liability can be implied.
CHANGES IN TERMS
Global Trackers Ltd. reserves the right to modify these terms at any time without prior notice. Any modification of these terms will be deemed to be effective from the date and time of posting on the Global Trackers Ltd. web site. The mapping site is updated and altered periodically without notice.
All items purchased from Global Trackers Ltd. are guaranteed for 12 months of use. If you find that there is a problem with any item, please return it to us. We will have it carefully examined and will be happy to replace it, if it is found to be faulty. Any obvious physical damage or evidence of other misuse found will naturally nullify this guarantee and offer of replacement.
WEBSITE PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Global Trackers Ltd. reserve the right to supply equipment which may differ in appearance from items shown on the website, but which have the same use, function and facility RELATING SPECIFICALLY TO TRACKING Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms:
(1) Global Trackers Ltd. accepts no liability in connection with any losses incurred by the Customer as a result of the Customer failing to follow the instructions provided with a tracking device.
(2) Without prejudice to the other exclusions and limitations in these Terms, Global Trackers Ltd. liability in connection with any order (whether arising in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence) or otherwise) shall not in any circumstances exceed the purchase price of the goods ordered. The Customer agrees that it shall not in any circumstances bring proceedings in tort (or otherwise) directly against any employee or officer of Global Trackers Ltd.
(3) Global Trackers Ltd. is not liable for any consequential losses (including without limit loss of profits, business or goodwill or loss or damage to property) arising (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) from use of any tracking product, including without limitation in circumstances in which the product fails to function.
(4) All warranties which would otherwise be implied into these Terms (including without limitation as to quality and fitness for purpose of goods or services) are expressly excluded. The Customer’s sole remedies in connection with such matters in relation to goods supplied shall be in accordance with these Terms.
(5) Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits Global Trackers Ltd. liability for personal injury or fraud.
(6) Whilst every care is taken to ensure that information given in catalogues, corresponding quotations or other documents is accurate, no responsibility is accepted for any errors which may occur therein and such documents do not constitute part of the Customer’s contract with Global Trackers Ltd. (save in relation to the technical description, as provided by these Terms). In addition, Global Trackers Ltd. shall not be liable for any losses caused by inaccurate information or recommendations which have been provided to the Customer in good faith.
(7) Without prejudice to the other limitations and exclusions of liability in these Terms, Global Trackers Ltd. accepts no liability (whether arising in contract, tort (including without limit negligence) or otherwise) in connection with the failure of a device to track if this is caused by lack of credit on a “Pay as you Go”SIM card supplied by the customer or any loss of data due to problems with any part of the telecommunications infrastructure on which the tracker is dependent.
(8) Without prejudice to the other limitations and exclusions of liability in these Terms, Global Trackers Ltd. accepts no liability (whether arising in contract, tort (including without limit negligence) or otherwise) in connection with the failure of a device to track if this is caused by lack of monthly subscription (£4.00 per month) or any loss of data due to problems with any part of the telecommunications infrastructure on which the tracker is dependent.
(9) Global Tracker Ltd. may (at its discretion) provide support in connection with the Service at the rate of £50 plus VAT per hour.
THE CUSTOMER’S ATTENTION IS DRAWN IN PARTICULAR TO THE FOLLOWING: Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms: -
(1) Global Trackers Ltd. accepts no liability in connection with any losses incurred by the Customer as a result of the Customer failing to follow the instructions provided in relation to the installation and use of the Software.
(2) Without prejudice to the other exclusions and limitations in these Terms, Global Trackers Ltd. liability in connection with any Software or GPS Platform Ltd. access (whether arising in contract, tort (including without limit negligence) or otherwise) shall not in any circumstances exceed the value of the licence fee most recently paid by the Customer to Global Trackers Ltd. The Customer agrees that it shall not under any circumstances bring proceedings in tort (or otherwise) directly against any employee or officer of Global Trackers Ltd.
(3) Global Trackers Ltd. is not liable for any consequential losses (including without limit loss of profits, business or goodwill or loss or damage to property) arising (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) from the use of the Software or GPS Platform Ltd. access, including without limitation in circumstances in which data is lost or tracking is not successful due to a fault with the Software or GPS Platform Ltd. The GPS Platform Ltd. website remains the property of Global Trackers Ltd. and can only be used by customers who have purchased tracking subscriptions through Global Trackers Ltd.
(4) All warranties which would otherwise be implied into these Terms (including without limitation as to quality and fitness for purpose of the Service) are expressly excluded.
(5) Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits Global Trackers Ltd. liability for personal injury or fraud.
(6) Whilst every care is taken to ensure that information given in catalogues, corresponding quotations or other documents is accurate, no responsibility is accepted for any errors which may occur therein, and such documents do not constitute part of the Customer’s contract with Global Trackers Ltd. In addition, Global Trackers Ltd. shall not be liable for any losses caused by inaccurate information or recommendations which have been provided to the Customer in anticipation of an order which has been provided in good faith.
(7) Without prejudice to the other limitations and exclusions of liability in these Terms, Global Trackers Ltd. accepts no liability (whether arising in contract, tort (including without limit negligence) or otherwise) in connection with the Service to collect tracking data which is caused by lack of credit on a “Pay as you Go” SIM card or lack of monthly £4.00 subscription or any loss of data due to problems with any part of the telecommunications infrastructure on which the tracker is dependent.
(8) Global Trackers Ltd. has no liability under these Terms in relation to loss or damage resulting from failure to track occasioned by the failure of any wireless device to perform its function.
(9) Global Trackers Ltd. accepts no liability whatsoever in connection with the use of the Software on devices which do not comply with the minimum specifications stated in these terms.
(10) Magnetic trackers are supplied with strong industrial magnets which have been tested to support the tracking device if properly fitted. The customer is responsible for where and how the product is fitted. Global Trackers Ltd. is not liable if the device is lost or damaged.
Tracking history held on GPS Platform Ltd. servers will be maintained on the server only so long as the tracker is active/live/in use. Inactive trackers will be removed from GPS Platform Ltd. occasionally and entirely at the discretion of Global Trackers Ltd. It is solely the responsibility of the tracker user (customer) to save their tracking history using the file export facility on the history page of their mapping panel. Global Trackers Ltd. has no liability under these terms for tracking history lost or deleted from GPS Platform Ltd.
SERVICE / GSM NETWORK AVAILABILITY
Global Trackers Ltd. reserves the right to carry out regular maintenance of GPS Platform Ltd. which may affect the availability of the Service. Global Trackers Ltd. will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that apart from scheduled maintenance, the panel is available for use at all other times.
CANCELLATION BY CUSTOMER
Global Trackers Ltd. may terminate this agreement at any time, without notice, if the Customer breaches these Terms. No contract on these Terms may be terminated by the Customer, except in circumstances in which the Customer has lawfully terminated the contract (or part thereof) under which the device to which these Terms relate was supplied, in accordance with these terms. All other rights of termination which the Customer might otherwise have under the general law are expressly excluded.
The M2M SIM cards must not be removed from the tracking device this shall constitute misuse of the SIM and Global Trackers Ltd. shall be entitled to immediately terminate this agreement.
Customer agrees that Global Trackers Ltd. may monitor use of the SIM to ensure compliance with the terms of this agreement. Equipment may be used in countries covered by the SIM card roaming agreements, subject to a prior agreement is necessary and should be arranged through Global Trackers Ltd. Global Trackers Ltd. reserves the right to charge for over usage while roaming.
GPS Platform Ltd. removes any tracker login details that have not been used for 6 months If you would like to continue using GPS Platform Ltd. system, the tracker must be switched on at least once in this time period.
Global Trackers Ltd. should be informed immediately regarding any loss or stolen M2M SIM card if the Customer suspects or should reasonably suspect the M2M SIM card is being used in an unlawful or fraudulent manner. The Customer is responsible for all charges incurred up to the time of said notification. Global Trackers Ltd. requires evidence of alleged loss or theft in the form of a Police report. Global Trackers Ltd. will terminate or suspend service of the GPS Platform Ltd. if Global Trackers Ltd. any wrongdoing.
Global Trackers Ltd. is committed to upholding EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We may update our policies from time-time by posting a new version on our website, please check regularly to be aware of any updates.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
Global Trackers Ltd. offers free delivery with Royal Mail on all orders within the UK.
International orders are subject to Royal Mail International shipping fees.
- Is my order on its way to me?
When your order has been dispatched you will receive a confirmation email with your tracking number. Click the link to locate your parcel. Please note that you will not be able to track your order until the day after you receive your tracking information.
- How do I track my order?
When you place an order and it is dispatched you will receive an email with a tracking number. Please use the tracking number to locate your parcel on https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item#/for Royal Mail deliveries. Please note that you will not be able to track your order until the day after you receive your tracking information.
- Where do you deliver?
Global Trackers Ltd. currently ships to addresses within Great Britain and Northern Ireland for free with Royal Mail. Shipments to other countries are sent Internationally signed and they are subject to shipping costs.
- Are there any locations that you do not deliver?
No, we deliver worldwide. Shipments to addresses outside of the UK are sent internationally signed and subject to shipping costs.
- What is Tracked delivery?
Tracked delivery is by Royal mail and FREE, and will be delivered within 1-2 working days, provided that payment is received before 2.00 pm on the day that the order is placed.
You do not need to enter a code at checkout. FREE Standard delivery will be applied automatically if the shipping address is within the UK.
Please note that this offer doesn’t apply to the countries outside of the United Kingdom. Please refer to point 4 for further information
Global Trackers Ltd. is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). We collect information about you to process your order and to provide you with the best possible service.
- For marketing purposes, for example, to display personalised banners to our customers.
- To identify you as you travel around our site and to monitor your journey and record sales. This enables us to identify issues and improve our customer journey.
- To provide site usage information, which together with purchase information, will further help us improve and develop the products and services we offer.
- To ensure that items are placed into your Shopping Basket and your order is processed correctly.
You may change your website browser settings to reject cookies. At no point do our cookies or those of our third parties store your personal payment information on our website.
First party cookies are the cookies that Global Trackers Ltd. set to offer you a fully functional experience when shopping our site. Third party cookies are set by our business partners such as Social Media and Google. Our cookies don’t store personal information such as name, address or any payment details.
How to remove Cookies
We try to ensure that our customers have full visibility of the cookies used on our website. Our website requires certain cookies to be enabled for you to be able to shop on www.global-trackers.co.uk however if you would like to restrict or block cookies from this website you can use your browser to do so.
Global Trackers Ltd. first-party cookies include: Language, Currency, PHPSESSID, _gat, _ga, _gid, __atssc, __atuvc
What types of cookies do we use?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket and checkout securely.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. These data help us understand and analyse how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalise the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns. The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
How can I control the cookie preferences?
If you’re in any doubt, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our very best to help. Our office hours are from 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
We aim to reply to all enquiries within two working days.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- 01278 795581
Our Website Addresses:
Company Information: Global Trackers Ltd.
GB310 3810 58
Westmans Industrial Estate
Burnham On Sea
Global Trackers Ltd. is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We collect information about you to process your order and to provide you with the best possible service.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We only send promotional email or mail to you with your prior consent and do not pass any of your information to third parties without first gaining your explicit consent.
We need to collect the following information from you in order to process your order and notify you of the status of your order; Your Name Company Name Address Email Address Credit or Debit card or PayPal details.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent, however additional information you may provide us with may be used to personalise your visits to our website.
We do not store credit card details, nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires us to be open about our holding and use of personal data. It also entitles individuals to find out from us what personal data is held about them on a computer, to have that information corrected or erased if it is inaccurate, and to claim compensation if they can prove they have suffered damage from inaccuracy or breach of security.
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, when you submit personal data via Our Sites, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes.
E-mail marketing practices
You may opt-out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails.
Payment Card details
We process your payment card details in order to complete the purchases that you made through the Website and mobile applications and may in certain instances disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you. We do not save or store your credit card information on our website at any time.
Transferring data internationally
By using and/or shopping on the Global Trackers Ltd. websites you consent to the transfer of your personal data to our servers located in the European Economic Area (EEA), We do not transfer your personal data to third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may use your personal data in the following manner:
- To provide an e-Receipt for purchase from the website / eBay / amazon or any external sales platform.
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations.
- To assist with any of your customer queries.
- In the detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes.
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call your provided telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information.
- In the event that you purchase goods on the Global trackers Ltd. website, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product.
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order.
- To monitor and improve our services and the Website
Depending on your preferences on the use of our website and services, we, or third-party data processors who act on our behalf, may use the personal data you provide us in the following manner:
- Your customer queries.
- Browsing and shopping activities.
- Payment card details.
- Usernames and passwords.
- Email addresses.
- Phone and fax numbers.
- Billing and delivery postal addresses.
- Your name, age, date of birth and gender.
Global Trackers Ltd. is committed to upholding EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We may update our policies from time-time by posting a new version on our website, please check regularly to be aware of any updates